There’s nothing I love more than a nice, warm bowl of soup during the cold winter months to warm the soul. Italian Wedding Soup is a popular comfort food, but I’ve added a Thai twist to it that takes it to a whole new level with the addition of ginger, fish sauce and lime.
I like how easy this soup is to make and yet it’s full of flavours that marry together so beautifully. It’s a great soup to serve with some fresh homemade bread and the kids love to help make the meatballs.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
1 pound ground pork
½ cup cooked Thai Kitchen Jasmine Rice
3 tsp. minced garlic, divided
½ tsp. each Club House ground ginger, Club House ground coriander and Thai Kitchen Fish Sauce
6 cups chicken broth
1/3 cup orzo pasta
5 ounces chopped spinach
Zest and juice of 1 lime
- MIX ground pork, rice, ginger, coriander, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, fish sauce and lime zest.
- FORM into small meatballs and bake on parchment lined baking sheet at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes or until fully cooked through. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- SAUTE remaining 2 teaspoons of minced garlic in a bit of olive oil in large pot until fragrant (about a minute).
- ADD chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add in orzo and boil gently until orzo is cooked, about 10 minutes
- ADD chopped spinach and meatballs and heat through. Serve with a squeeze of lime.
Enjoy this recipe? Follow along with me on social media using the hashtag #TKeveryday during the Thai Kitchen Canada challenge. Find me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to see what other recipes I create and find out how and when you can vote for them.
Check out my #TKEveryday Pinterest Personality Board to learn more about me!
Visit Thai Kitchen Canada’s website to find out more about the recipe challenge.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Thai Kitchen Canada. Recipe creations and opinions are genuine and my own.