My kids are really into crafts as of lately, especially my youngest. She is SO creative and it blows me away. Her artistic skills definitely come from her daddy, and not from me. She has a natural eye for drawing and putting things together to create something incredible. My husband is always amazed and saying, “Can you believe she did that? She’s only 5 years old!”. Most of the time, she’s the one coming up with our craft ideas, but today, I’m sharing one that I came up with for the kids that is so fun to do and you’ll more than likely have all of the materials already in your house.
This hanging rainbow craft is cute to do for St. Patrick’s Day and is easy for the whole family. Not to mention, it’s pretty fun to sneak a few of the cereal pieces while you’re crafting. Yum!
What You’ll Need
Fruit cereal “O’s”
Cotton Pads or cotton balls
Tape or stapler
1. Cut a cloud shape out of your cardboard – the size is up to you.
2. Using tacky glue, swirl onto the cardboard all over and also on the back of each cotton pad or cotton ball. Stick cotton pads/cotton balls to cardboard, overlapping to create texture.
3. Make a small knot at bottom of each pipe cleaner. String fruit cereal onto pipe cleaners and leave about an inch at the top.
4. Tape or staple pipe cleaners to back of cardboard so they’re hanging down side by side from cloud. If stapling, you may want to do this BEFORE you glue your cotton pads/cotton balls on so the staple doesn’t show through your cloud.
5. Use a pipe cleaner to create a “handle” at the top of the cloud, taping or stapling onto the back of the cardboard.
Hang wherever you need a bit of extra colour and “magic” in your home!