My family loves Canadian turkey! Although I look forward to the holidays every year when we can enjoy our favourite turkey dinners with all the fixings, holidays most definitely aren’t the only time you can enjoy turkey. It’s a delicious and healthy idea for summer too! Don’t shy away from turkey just because the warmer weather is here. Embrace your inner turkey goddess and get creative with the BBQ!
Turkey is a light and lean source of protein that is perfect for grilling and since it’s packed with vitamins and essential nutrients, you can feel confident knowing that your family is making a healthy choice. Whether it’s a whole turkey, or various turkey parts, there are plenty of ways to cook turkey for summer. I love buying the packages of Canadian turkey breasts for a quick and easy meal on the BBQ.
One of my favourite ways to make dinners for my family is with dinner packets. You can throw just about anything together in a foil packet to create a fabulous meal that will cook all at the same time and be plentiful enough to feed everyone at the table. Turkey dinner packets made with fresh, Canadian turkey are a genius way of making a satisfying and healthy meal that you can easily throw all of the ingredients into one foil packet, place on the BBQ and enjoy a full meal when it’s done. No mess, no hassle and easy clean up. A healthy turkey dinner in the summer? Yes please! This summer twist on a turkey dinner classic is a favourite with our family!
Summer BBQ Turkey Dinner Packets
Ingredients (for 2 Turkey Dinner Packets)
2 Canadian Turkey breasts, bone-in with skin
2 large carrots, sliced
2 large russet potatoes, sliced
Cranberry sauce and/or fresh (or frozen) cranberries
Salt & Pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Heat BBQ to 400 degrees F.
- Using a double layer of foil, layer carrots, potatoes, turkey and lastly, asparagus. Repeat this with another foil for your second packet.
- Drizzle lightly with extra virgin olive oil and season with salt & pepper between carrots and potato. Lightly spray top of turkey with extra virgin olive oil spray and season with pepper. Top with asparagus and season. (You can also add in fresh cranberries to your packet if desired).
- Close foil and pinch sides and top to create a sealed pouch.
- Place on BBQ and close lid.
- Cook for 1 hour or until internal temperature of turkey reaches 165 degrees F. (Cooking times may vary depending on size of turkey breasts).
- Remove turkey from foil packets, remove bone, slice and serve with potatoes and vegetables on a platter. Add cranberry sauce on the side.
Serve & Enjoy!
Note: 2 Turkey Dinner Packets will feed between 4 – 6 people. 1 Turkey Dinner packet will serve 2 people. You can cut recipe in half for 2 people. This recipe can also easily be made in the oven as well!
Get creative with Canadian turkey and experiment with all of the deliciously healthy ways it can be enjoyed.
I’m so excited! Turkey Farmers of Canada is launching a new National Canadian Turkey brand identity – Canadian Turkey! Along with the launch, they will also be introducing a new logo – how fun!! Be sure to keep your eye out for it. “Turkey – it’s a fresh idea”!
Next time you’re at the grocery store, be sure to ask for Canadian raised Turkey so you know you’re getting the best in Canadian quality at your table to serve your family.
Check out more recipe ideas made with Canadian Turkey that will help make your summer a delicious one!
1. Coconut Lime Turkey Kabobs by Hello Creative Family
2. Italian Turkey Burgers by Mom’s And Munchkins
3. Teriyaki Turkey Kabobs by Family, Food And Travel
4. Roasted Turkey With Peach Glaze by Life, Love, Liz
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. However, all views and opinions are genuine and my own.