Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. However, all views and opinions are genuine and my own.
I love holiday dinners because I enjoy good food and the company of my family and friends. Canadian Turkey is always the centrepiece of our Thanksgiving meal and it goes so perfectly with all of the other “fixings” we have on the table.
Creating the perfect turkey dinner doesn’t have to be hard. Get creative and make a turkey dinner that suits your family’s taste. Whether it’s whole turkey or turkey parts, 100% Canadian Turkey is the perfect centrepiece to any holiday meal or recipe. We don’t just enjoy turkey for holiday meals or big get togethers, we also like to enjoy turkey for more intimate dinners between just my husband and I, or with our kids. Turkey is a versatile protein that can be reinvented in many different ways depending on the flavours and spices you use.
Please don’t be intimidated by cooking a turkey. It doesn’t have to be complicated and Canadian Turkey has handy “Whole Bird How Tos” to help you along the way, as well as tips and easy-to-follow directions. There are many different recipes to choose from and no matter what cut of turkey you pick up from your grocer, you’re sure to find something that you’ll love for your family dinner or even just a dinner for two.
This recipe for Sausage and Pistachio Stuffed Turkey Breast Roast is a delicious way to enjoy turkey in a delightful new way. Add some cranberry sauce, gravy or other fixings and you’ll have guests “oohing” and “ahhing” over your impressive cooking skills. The combination of sausage and pistachio is impressive and pairs so perfectly with the turkey breast.
Sausage and Pistachio Stuffed Turkey Breast Roast Recipe
Prep time: 30 mins. Cook time: 45 mins.
1 large boneless turkey breast, butterflied
1 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp each salt, pepper and garlic powder
8-12 leaves fresh sage
3 slices rye, diced
1 sweet onion, diced
2 turkey sausages
3 tbsp milk
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove sausages from casing and sauté until cooked through. Set aside until cooled.
- Pour milk over bread until absorbed. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sausage, bread and the rest of the stuffing ingredients.
- Spread out breast meat. Season with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Sprinkle with fresh sage leaves.
- Spread stuffing evenly across meat.
- Gently roll meat up into a roast. Tie to secure.
- Season outside with salt and pepper.
- Sear on medium-high heat until browned on all sides.
- Roast in the oven for 35-45 minutes until an instant read thermometer reaches 170 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and rest for 20 minutes until cooled.
- Slice and serve.
Tip: This roast tastes great re-heated the next day. Serve with some mashed potatoes and a little cranberry sauce on the side for a perfect weeknight supper.
If you want to try out some new, unique Thanksgiving recipes, check out Canadian Turkey for all your recipe and how-to needs! Your family is going to love the variety of recipes and the leftovers that come along with it. Have fun and get creative with turkey! Canadian Turkey will add flavour and the “wow factor” to any holiday meal.
WIN IT: Enter for chance to WIN a $75 Amazon.ca Gift Card!
~~**Giveaway open to CANADA only**~~
Giveaway ends October 12, 2016