The remarkable progression of technology has predominantly proved to be helpful and useful. Gone are the days when digital media, the Internet and electronic gadgets were only needed by grown-up adults to cater a limited number of problems.
With the intervention of laptops and mobile devices, the use of the Internet has become more common and most importantly more needed for youngsters as well. Being a parent, you cannot just restrict your child’s interaction with digital media because they need to use these gadgets to excel in their studies.
But, one cannot turn a blind eye towards the threats and potential dangers which these devices can cause for your child. Electronic devices, especially mobile devices tempt children to be glued to their screens almost all day. If your child owns an Android mobile phone, you need to make sure your child is not using his/her phone for incorrect purposes.
Why Android Phones?
Since android mobile devices are easy to use and easier to purchase, therefore, they are most commonly used by the teenagers. Being a parent, you must have felt a need of letting your child own a phone before buying them one.
When your kids are away from home for their soccer practice or for any other extracurricular activity, you need to stay in contact with them. An android mobile device helps you in staying updated about your child’s well-being without much hassle. While buying an Android phone, you don’t really have to worry about spending a fortune. These are the chief reasons children as young as 13 years of age own a personal android smartphone these days.
Android phones can expose your child to inappropriate content. Therefore, parents need to consider many things before buying their child an Android device.
What Sort of Inappropriate Content can Your Child See Using an Android Phone?
What you consider as ‘inappropriate material’ for your child may differ from your child’s thoughts. It depends on the maturity level and particularly on your child’s age. Inappropriate content includes any content which may harm, damage or influence your child mentally or emotionally. The content which is directed to adults should not be seen by kids. But, unfortunately, kids are exposed to every content on the Internet.
Information which may tempt your child to adopt prohibited or dangerous behaviour is considered inappropriate for your child. It could be:
- Content containing suggestive, explicit imagery or swearing.
- Sites or ads which may promote the idea of vandalism, crime, terrorism and racism.
- Gambling or addicting gaming sites or apps.
- Videos showing cruelty towards other people or animals.
- Chatrooms which may have users who are online predators and are chatting with young kids under a fake identity.
Why Android Parental Controls?
The above-mentioned reasons are enough to prove that every parent needs to use parental controls for Android phones. It is extremely challenging to monitor each and every activity of your child when they are using Android phones. Sometimes, your child clicks an inappropriate link by a mistake and sometimes your child can purposely look for restricted content. Using web filters and parental control for android phones helps parents in ensuring a safe use of technology. There are digital apps available that help parents do this all.
For instance, using the FamilyTime parental control app parents can:
- Monitor the contacts saved in the contact book of their Android device as well as the call logs and SMS history to know who do they talk to and what do they talk about
- Watchlist suspicious contacts and be notified every time the contact is made between by either party
- Track location details in real time on the virtual map and see location history for the past few months
- Receive PickMeUp and SOS alerts from kids with their location details
- View the web history to have a look at the URLs they visit.
- Monitor the complete list of apps installed on their device
- Check App usage frequency to analyze the time they spend on each application.
- Block apps to restrict their access to the apps you find inappropriate.
- Put auto screen locks on their devices for a specific time interval.
- Remotely lock their phone to limit access to their device whenever you want.
Aren’t these features great to help you ensure the safe use of digital devices by your kids? These certainly are. So, get the app now.