Disclosure: As part of the Kellogger Program, I received product. All views and opinions in this post are genuine and my own.
Spring has arrived and Easter is almost here! My kids are so excited that we have finally reached this time of the year where the weather is starting to warm up and the Easter Bunny will be making a visit this weekend. We can’t wait!
For the past week, I have been sending Spring Edition Rice Krispies Square Minis in their lunches for a fun treat to celebrate Spring and Easter. The colourful Rice Krispies are so pretty with the addition of blue and green colours.
The Spring Edition Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Cereal also has the blue and green colours, which are great for adding some Spring colours to your breakfast in the morning, as well as some extra fun and colour to homemade Rice Krispies treats.
There are many ways to get creative with the Special Edition Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Cereal – Egg Nests, Easter Mice, Rice Krispies Easter Flowers and more! Have the kids help mould and create different designs for Easter.
This Large Emoji Bunny is fun for the whole family to help make. It’s easy, delicious and you can decorate it with fun treats (like candy-coated chocolate eggs) to bring some unique personality to your bunny.
Large Emoji Bunny
- 60 mL or 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 250 g or 1 pkg (about 40) regular marshmallows or 5 cups miniature
- 2 mL or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1.5 L or 6 cups Rice Krispies* Spring Edition cereal
- Miniature marshmallows
- Frosting for decoration
1. In a large microwave safe bowl, heat margarine and marshmallows at HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir in vanilla.2. Stir in KELLOGG’S* RICE KRISPIES* Spring Edition cereal until well coated.
3. Using lightly buttered spatula, press into buttered 3.5 L (13 x 9″) pan.
4. To make 18 cm high bunny, shape 3 ½ cups of mixture for head and 2 cups of mixture for the ears.
5. Join head and ears with toothpicks to create a bunny.
6. Create eyes, nose and buttons with miniature marshmallows and gumdrop halves.
7. Use icing to decorate with a smile
Stove Top Method
WIN IT: Enter for chance to WIN a Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Prize Pack!
~~**Giveaway open to CANADA only**~~
Giveaway ends April 22, 2017