Disclosure: This post has been sponsored by Canadian Turkey. However, all views and opinions are genuine and my own.
Grilling season is officially upon us and I’m SO excited! We have been using the BBQ so much lately since the weather has been gorgeous. There is something extra tasty about grilled food, especially on the BBQ. Not to mention, there is always less mess associated with grilling – BONUS!
To celebrate summer, you’ll want to try out this Piri Piri Grilled Turkey Drummettes recipe using Canadian Turkey; delicious, light and lean turkey done on the grill to perfection. So delicious! People often don’t realize that turkey isn’t just for the oven. It’s for the grill too!
Piri Piri Grilled Turkey Drummettes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Piri Piri Sauce:
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
3 cloves garlic
1 medium shallot
¼ cup fresh parsley
½ tsp dried oregano
1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
½ cup grilled red peppers, skin removed
salt and pepper to taste
8 medium sized turkey drummettes
salt and pepper to season
- Blend all ingredients using a blender or food processor. Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Season turkey drummettes with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in a glass bowl.
- Marinate with 3 tbsp of Piri Piri sauce for a minimum of 30 minutes up to 8 hours or overnight.
- Grill over low to medium heat until cooked through, 20-25 minutes, turning often to avoid charring. Cook until a meat thermometer registers 165°F (74°C) in the thickest part of the meat. (Heat setting and cook time will depend on the power of your BBQ)
- Once cooked, remove from heat, brush with some additional sauce and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve with leftover sauce on the side.
TIP: For a quick way to shorten preparation time, look for jarred roasted red peppers in your local grocery store. Just drain and use as per recipe instructions.
There are so many delicious ways to enjoy turkey on the grill, including BBQ’d Half Turkey! Get the family together, have a potluck and include grilled turkey, however you like, on the menu too for a tasty and fun get together.
Canadian turkey partners perfectly with everyday meals and special summer occasions like Father’s Day and Canada Day (which are coming up soon!). It’s such a nice, light meat with so many versatile cuts to choose from that you’ll enjoy seasoning it with your favourite spice rubs and marinades and adding it to the grill. Don’t forget to include turkey on the menu during the summer months and any summer celebrations!
Check out Canadian Turkey for lots of summer recipes, HOW TOs and a downloadable Summer Grilling Guide to help get you started.
WIN IT: Enter for chance to WIN a $75 Prepaid VISA Gift Card from Canadian Turkey!
~~**Giveaway open to CANADA only**~~
Giveaway ends June 24, 2017