This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Olivieri. All opinions are 100% mine.
The kids are back in school and that means we are gradually falling back into routine. As nice as summer was, it is always just as nice when everyone is back to work and school, and schedules are more structured again.
With school and work, that means a wholesome and delicious supper can be hard to achieve some nights when we are short for time. I like meals that are ready from the stove to table in 20 minutes or less, so that we don’t feel rushed or lack a healthy, home-cooked meal.
Having ingredients on hand that cut down on time in the kitchen, without sacrificing taste and nutrition is a must-have in my house. Olivieri has many great fresh pasta products that we enjoy using, but their newest addition, Skillet Gnocchi, has been a pleasant change from the usual pasta that we often indulge in. My kids love the Olivieri Cheese Skillet Gnocchi™ because of the ooey-gooey real cheese goodness inside. Paired with pancetta and spinach, it makes supper quick and satisfying.
Quick Cheese Skillet Gnocchi with Pancetta and Spinach
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
2 Packages of Olivieri Cheese Skillet Gnocchi™
½ cup chopped pancetta, fried crispy & drained
3 tbsp. cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
6 large cloves garlic, sliced
¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cups of spinach, rinsed
- Preheat a non-stick skillet with a bit of oil over medium-high heat.
- Add 2 packages of Olivieri Cheese Skillet Gnocchi™.
- Cook gnocchi approximately 5 minutes or until golden brown, stirring often. Remove from heat.
- Heat ¾ cup olive oil in separate non-stick skillet and add in garlic and sundried tomatoes.
- Cook until garlic just starts to turn golden in colour and remove from heat.
- Add gnocchi to the skillet with the oil, garlic and sundried tomato.
- Add fresh spinach and gently fold in until spinach is softened.
- Plate and top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Serve and enjoy!
This meal was a really big hit with my family. The kids loved the cheesiness of the gnocchi and my husband and I loved the substance of this dish, along with the savoury flavours. It’s fresh (not frozen!), convenient and can be found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store.
Olivieri is having their 60 Years of Keeping it Fresh Anniversary! To celebrate, they are having 60 daily giveaways with a Grand Prize of $6,000 on their website. Be sure to head over and check it out, get your daily entries in and help them celebrate such a great milestone.