Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales is now available now on Digital HD and Blu-ray!
“Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” is a rollicking new tale of the high seas, infused with all the elements of fantasy, humor and action that have resulted in an international phenomenon for the past 13 years. Johnny Depp returns to his Academy Award®-nominated role as the outrageous, swashbuckling scoundrel Captain Jack Sparrow, and is joined by Oscar® winners Javier Bardem (Best Supporting Actor, “No Country for Old Men”) and Geoffrey Rush (Best Actor, “Shine”).
Another instalment into the fun adventures of Jack Sparrow has arrived and my family is so excited! We love the Pirates of the Caribbean films and Johnny Depp is definitely a favourite. Each film has an adventure that is full of quirky, fun humour and amazing cinematography. The Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales is no different, with amazing special effects and characters that really build upon the film series. I loved the addition of Javier Bardem as Captain Salazar. They did an amazing job at making him appear ghostly and villain-like.
Once again, Captain Jack Sparrow finds himself in a sticky situation, as he becomes involved in the search for the Trident of Poseidon – a powerful artifact that gives its owner total control of the seas. His old rivals, including Captain Salazar, are eager to escape from the Devil’s Triangle where they have been cursed to be imprisoned and obtain the Trident of Poseidon for themselves. They seek revenge against Captain Jack and it becomes a race for the Trident. We enjoyed this newest challenge that Jack is faced with in this film and there were definitely lots of laughs along the way. His clumsy, care-free attitude give a whole new twist on the classic pirate role in these films and the attention to detail is remarkable every step of the way. Each actor brings depth and light-heartedness to their characters when needed and find a way to constantly engage the viewing audience.
The Blu-ray includes Bonus Features:
- Dead Men Tell More Tales: The Making of a New Adventure – Get unique access into the making of this exciting new “Pirates of the Caribbean” movie with this collection of revealing and entertaining stories that you can view individually or as a “play all.”
- A Return to the Sea – Two talented filmmakers, Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg, team up to bring “Pirates of the Caribbean” back to the screen. Hear how this new chapter of the tale was developed.
- Telling Tales: A Sit-down with Brenton & Kaya – Meet Brenton Thwaites and Kaya Scodelario, the young actors behind Henry and Carina. The two sit down together for a revealing conversation on becoming a part of the “Pirates of the Caribbean” film franchise and its continuing legacy.
- The Matador & The Bull: Secrets of Salazar & The Silent Mary – Oscar-winner Javier Bardem reveals more about his menacing new character and the foreboding ship he helms.
- First Mate Confidential – Go on-set along with Kevin McNally, the affable actor behind the feisty Mr. Gibbs, Captain Jack’s reliable first mate from all five movies.
- Deconstructing the Ghost Sharks – Peer below the depths at how these ferocious, mythical monsters were designed and brought to life.
- Wings Over the Caribbean – Captain Jack has a memorable encounter with Sir Paul McCartney – rock ‘n’ roll royalty.
- An Enduring Legacy – Take one more look at the “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” experience and the impact of “Pirates of the Caribbean” — the movies, the ride and beyond.
- Bloopers of the Caribbean
- Jerry Bruckheimer Photo Diary
- Deleted Scenes
- Henry Turner Learns a Lesson from Captain Jack
- A Whale in Poseidon’s Tomb
- Alternate Coda: Murtogg & Mullroy “Flogging”
WIN IT: Enter for chance to WIN a copy of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales on Blu-ray/DVD.
~~**Giveaway open to CANADA only**~~
Giveaway ends November 7, 2017